Work for hire^H^H^H^Hgrade

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 01:24:52 CDT 2003

How about porting wineserver to Windows via Mingw+MSYS or fix the Cygwin port. It still would not
run as dll seperation of kernel32/ntdll needs to be done but I have been wanting to see this for a
while and for Cygwin its not to much work. 99% of it compiles it just needs Get/SetThreadContext
imeplemented. Its not a huge amount of work.

Even at that if I had the time, know-how, was in school and could get credit for working on a open
source project I would not work on WINE but port User Mode Linux to Windows. The Line project
already has a elf loader that will let you run Linux apps in Cygwin so its adapting that UML and
doing a port for a Mingw target. I just think it would be really nice to be able to run Linux on
top of a NT kernel so if ReactOS is ever ready you guys could have Linux on top of a kernel
running NT/2K drivers.

Thanks
Steven