Mac OS X Support : Asm syntax support [Fixed]

Pierre d'Herbemont stegefin at free.fr
Sat Jun 28 06:43:36 CDT 2003

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 11:50 PM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> "Pierre d'Herbemont" <stegefin at free.fr> writes:
>
>> +# define LD_SKIP(i)
>
> This won't work, we need to reserve space for the PE header.

I don't know if there is a skip instruction in Mach-O Format. I'll try
to fix this.

>> +# define PPC_SYM(sym_name)    "_" #sym_name
>
> This one should use __ASM_NAME.

Hum... If my memory is well I do use PPC_SYM in order to convert
delay_imports to _delay_imports on darwin target. the assembler syntax
requires it.

> Also it would be nice if you could use fewer macros, this makes the
> code quite ugly. It seems the main difference is in register names,
> you could simply have one macro for that and leave the rest alone.

If you want, but for me it seems that it is clearer this way. because
you endup with things like:
fprintf((output," \"li " PPC_REG(1) ", 0\\n\"\n");
fprintf(outfile, "\t\"\\tlis " PC_REG(9)
PPC_LOW(delay_imports+%d,9)\\n\"\n", pos);
But in fact it is also readable. If you prefer this way I'll do what
you like ;)

Thanks,

Pierre