Wine default install queries - Wine 20030115

J. Grant jg-lists at jguk.org
Sat Mar 1 16:44:21 CST 2003

Tony Lambregts wrote:
> J. Grant wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> WTH..  how is it getting this? something is wrong before this.
>>>
>>> Get rid of you old config file (rename it junk or something) and
>>> rerun ./tools/wineinstall.   I would like to see the  full log of this.
>>

>> OK:
>>
>> Created /home/now3d/.wine/config using default Wine configuration.
>> You probably want to review the file, though.
>>
>> Compiling regedit...
>> make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
>>
>> Preparing to install default Wine registry entries...
>> Installing default Wine registry entries...
>>
>> Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
>> Could not stat /cdrom (No such file or directory), ignoring drive D:
>>

>> From "config"
>>
>> [Drive A]
>> "Path" = "/mnt/fd0"
>> "Type" = "floppy"
>> "Label" = "Floppy"
>> "Filesystem" = "win95"
>> "Serial" = "87654321"
>> "Device" = "/dev/fd0"
>>

>> [Drive D]
>> "Path" = "/cdrom"
>> "Type" = "cdrom"
>> "Label" = "CD-Rom"
>> "Filesystem" = "win95"
>> ; make sure that device is correct and has proper permissions !
>> "Device" = "/dev/cdrom"
>>

>> Seems strange that although it said it was ignoring A: and D: it added
>> them anyway.
>

> No No No. "The default config file contains  has the floppy  located at
> /mnt/fd0 (Where it actualy is depends on your distro) likewise for your
> CD-ROM.  When tools/wineinstall starts up regedit to install the default
> registry it starts up wine. wine reads the config file and cannot find
> those directorys (since thats not where your CD-ROM and floppy are
> mounted) so it ignores them

OK, I understand what ./tools/wineinstall is doing now.  I'm still not
quite sure why A: and D: are not commented out if they are not found.
If the user added a floppy then it could be made available again.  For
me I get the error each time, until I indentify the paths are wrong, then
comment it out myself (or correct them). the fstab should have all the
info to create a working "config" file though I think...

Regards

JG