winedos / Speed up RM software interrupt handling

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Mon Mar 10 12:30:52 CST 2003

Jukka Heinonen <jhei at> writes:

> This patch speeds up software interrupts in real mode
> considerably, in addition to making interrupt handling simpler
> (at least in my opinion). Instead of throwing an exception,
> vm86 handler calls winedos callback as is done in case of
> protected mode software interrupts.

I think it would be cleaner to make __wine_enter_vm86 simply return in
that case and let winedos deal with that. We don't want the signal
handling to have to know about winedos if possible.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at