Mutual Debugging Efforts

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Wed Mar 12 14:36:10 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 18:33, James wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 18:26, Vincent Béron wrote:
>
> > Wine has not been updated for the latest beta (Phoebe), and it's not in
> > Rawhide anymore. I think it has to do with a change to glibc-2.3 and a
> > patch to the kernel
>
> Ah, sounds tricky.. I hope RH aren't dropping it completely, yike..

I seem to recall in the Phoebe release notes it was dropped yes, the
reason given was "resource constraints". I can't really say I blame
them, Wine moves so fast that a 6 month old RPM isn't really very useful
for bug reports etc, and compiling from the source is a basic Linux
skill at the moment anyway. Sucks, but there we go, they only have so
much space.