wine server and services ...

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at
Fri Mar 21 10:52:47 CST 2003

I havent been following how wineboot operates as I dont have a need for it under Mingw or Cygwin
ATM. Sylvain is right you should look at the way wineboot and rpcss work under WINE and then
implement services as such. It would be nice if you add a net command to wcmd so we can net stop

--- Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle at> wrote:
> dooooont do it ! even wineboot isnt started by the server !
> > You might want to make a wrapper application like
> > wine/programs/services. This program could then
> > be started by wineserver and a config option if you want to try and
> > run a NT service. I dont
> > really see the point on running services under WINE unless you want
> > to try and install AV software
> > that loads as a service =)

Do you Yahoo!?