LockFile() and UnlockFile() are working

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Fri Mar 21 23:34:57 CST 2003

On Friday 21 March 2003 09:21 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> It's quite possible that there are still bugs in the implementation.
> One thing to test would be with two clients running on the same
> machine, so that they use the same wineserver;

This seems to work correctly and consistently, although I admit I've only
done rudimentary testing.  But RLOCK() will correctly return TRUE or FALSE
based on whether the other instance has the lock already or not, and we
never reach the point that we get the "Error writing to file" because the
lock was correctly detected from the outset.

> this way all locking
> will be done internally without using Unix locks, and this might help
> identifying where the problem is.

Sorry for being thick (I'm sure this is a stupid question).  Is there a way
I can test on the same machine with two different wineservers (can I have
more than one wineserver running on the same machine)?  If possible, this
would force Unix locks, right?

> Also if you can reproduce the bug easily I'd be very interested to see
> a +file,+server trace.

Yes, bug reproduces easily.  I'll do that tracing for you tomorrow.
Thanks...

Paul McNett - p at ulmcnett.com
Hollister, California, USA