LockFile() and UnlockFile() are working

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Sat Mar 22 18:25:23 CST 2003

On Saturday 22 March 2003 12:15 pm, Paul McNett wrote:

> However, hosting the database on Linux, accessed by Linux/Wine directly
> at /tmp/db.dbf and by Windows over samba, the behavior is not correct.
>  It seems that instead of a range lock, a complete file lock is
> propogated, and it also seems that this file lock is never released.

Ok, I was either on drugs or too upset about this war my country is
currently engaged in...

Before when I tested the Samba share, I didn't have the permissions set
correctly... duh!  Now, with correct permissions, files hosted on Samba and
accessed by Windows do respect locks put in place by Wine, and vice-versa.

So, it appears that the only place this isn't working is when we mount a
Samba share on Linux using smbfs.  Which is what Alexandre was trying to
get through my thick skull the whole time.

Alexandre, as far as I'm concerned this is working just fine as it appears
this is a failing of smbfs and not at all a failing of Wine.

Thanks for the time.

Paul McNett - p at ulmcnett.com
Hollister, California, USA