WineHQ redesign - going live soon

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Tue Mar 25 15:06:13 CST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 14:33, Mike Hearn wrote:
> This shot:
> http://lostwages.winehq.org/images/shots/full/wine_12.png
> demonstrates some visual corruption, notably in the scrollbars. Can't we
> replace it with one that is visually perfect?

No I don't know HTML. :-) Heh heh.

> http://lostwages.winehq.org/images/shots/full/wine_16.png
> I thought Access didn't work? Is it fair to mislead people in this way?

This screenshot is not faked, it does work, just with some issues. I can
replace this screeenshot if enough people complain. ;)

> http://lostwages.winehq.org/?page=download
> It's called redhat 9 now :) There is no 8.1

Agreed.

> The links off the documentation page are 404d, I assume that'll change
> when it goes live?

Yes.

> http://lostwages.winehq.org/?page=howto
>
>         First you must create a virtual ('fake') windows drive
>         The following directories mut exist in your $HOME directory:
>
> s/mut/must/

Oops!

> Also, shouldn't wineinstall do this for you? Is that necessary in the
> HOWTO?

I don't know. This text was not written by me. If you want to submit a
better one, feel free.

> Shouldn't bug tracking be under the development section instead of
> support? Perhaps not.

Not.

> http://lostwages.winehq.org/?page=forums
> The irc channel is #winehq, not #wine

Fixed.

> http://lostwages.winehq.org/?page=status_dlls#Sound_Drivers
> The extra details links don't seem to work?

> Finally, is theming really necessary?

No, not at all. Just something my code can do, why not use whats already
there. Why waste my rejected themes when I can simply put them up for
those that may like them.

> Great work Jeremy, it's looking really cool :)

Thanks. It is worth the effort.

--
 _  _ WebGeek/SysAdmin CodeWeavers -= http://www.codeweavers.com
| \| |_____ __ ___ __  __ _ _ _    -= http://www.dracowulf.com
| .` / -_) |  | / '  \/ _` | ' \   -= mailto:jnewman at codeweavers.com
|_|\_\___|\_/\_/|_|_|_\__,_|_||_|  -= ICQ: 1711553 Yahoo: laxdragon