Middleware regression test suites, e.g. ACE

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Mar 25 19:47:42 CST 2003

On March 25, 2003 07:43 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> I don't think we want to maintain our own version of the GNU C++
> library. The right approach IMO would be to port it to Windows (if it
> hasn't been done already) and submit patches back to the main libstd++
> tree. Then we can tell people to build the Windows version under
> Winelib.

Right. Hands were writing on their own. What I meant was to include a
(hopefully unmodified) copy of the libstdc++, and itegrate it in our
build process. This way, C++ apps have the runtime available, just like
C apps do. I'm downloading the lib as I write, and I'll look at what
it takes to compile it under Winelib, but I don't think it's fair to
subject C++ apps to a complicated build process just to get the runtime
going, which everybody assumes it's just 'there'.

--
Dimi.