New metabugs

Dan Kegel dank at
Fri May 2 12:17:38 CDT 2003

Hatky wrote:
> Ok so mybe the fix-me/stub/unimplemented bugs category
> is a really bad idea but we are having diffrent
> opinions on the more general idea of using metabugs as
> categories...

Hi Hatky,
I appreciate the energy you're bringing to the wine project!

That said, it might be a good idea for you to tread lightly
at least at first in the winehq bugzilla.  Like you, I just
started contributing to a bugzilla (OpenOffice's), and
the guys there are probably as nervous about me messing
with their bugzilla as I am about you messing around in
Wine's bugzilla!  So I'm being cautious, and instead of
creating a metabug right off the bat, I created some canned
queries and links to bugs on my own web site
to try out my ideas first.  And when the openoffice qa mailing
list folks say "yeah, go ahead and create a metabug", I will -
but one at a time, and gently.

Anyway, don't let me slow you down.  Just remember that
bug tracking is a social issue, and you have to pay attention
to how the other developers feel about it.

Dan Kegel