glXGetProcAddressARB causing dozens of warnings

Raphaël Junqueira fenix at club-internet.fr
Sat May 10 12:28:36 CDT 2003

> Mesa-3.4.2, which has
>
>   % grep GL_VERSION gl.h
>   #define GL_VERSION_1_1   1
>   #define GL_VERSION_1_2   1
>   #define GL_VERSION_1_3   1
>   #define GL_VERSION                              0x1F02

ok

> Sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand. Perhaps Sylvain has fixed the
> problem already, but in case he hasn't, how do you suggest to get rid
> of all those warnings?

very easy :)

for the glx things:

 if (glXGetProcAddressARB(lpszProc) != NULL) {
become

#if !defined(GLX_VERSION_1_4)
 if (glXGetProcAddressARB(lpszProc) != NULL) {
#else
 if (glXGetProcAddress(lpszProc) != NULL) {
#endif

for the gl*ARB:

glActiveTextureARB( texture );
become

#if !defined(GLX_VERSION_1_3)
glActiveTextureARB( texture );
#else
glActiveTexture( texture );
#endif

you only have to remove ARB prefixes to defines and functions names

Regards,
Raphael

> Gerald
>
> PS: I have `grep glXGetProcAddress *` result in
>   glx.h:extern void (*glXGetProcAddress(const GLubyte *procname))(void);
>   glx.h:extern void (*glXGetProcAddressARB(const GLubyte *procName))( void
> ); glxext.h:extern __GLXextFuncPtr glXGetProcAddress (const GLubyte *);
> glxext.h:extern __GLXextFuncPtr glXGetProcAddressARB (const GLubyte *);

yes but glXGetProcAddressARB is only defined when GLX_ARB_get_proc_address not
defined before