Lotus Notes and wine and RedHat 9

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun May 11 15:49:44 CDT 2003

    Joe> Hi I apologize in advance for hitting the developers list. IANAD...

    Joe> I had been running wine on 7.2 with Lotus Notes 5.0.11
    Joe> successfully. I made the unfortunate discovery about RH9 and
    Joe> threads and wine a little too late after upgrading to RH9. I will
    Joe> be more careful next time...

    Joe> Anyways, I downloaded the source (2003-05-08), and managed to
    Joe> configure with --with-nptl (as at
    Joe> http://www.winehq.org/index.php?issue=164#Wine%20&%20RedHat%209.0)
    Joe> make dep, make and make install it. (I am closer to a newbie than a
    Joe> developer, so this was a major achievement!).

    Joe> But I ran into a problem that has already been reported at (thank
    Joe> you google)
    Joe> http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/05/0141.html (the
    Joe> issue was unresolved. Kevin rolled back to a previous wine source
    Joe> from 5/1/2003).  As with that post, there had been no changes to
    Joe> the install in the wine directory. The Lotus Notes splash screen
    Joe> comes up. The background for Notes itself comes up. The password
    Joe> box appears, and the error happens when I punch in the password and
    Joe> hit OK.

    Joe> I noted the post by Uwe at
    Joe> http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/05/0144.html , but
    Joe> Uwe was hinting at my newbiness with "Do you know how to integrate
    Joe> this in wine?  If not, tell me to send you a patch for testing."
    Joe> The answer to both is No.  Even if I received a patch, I wouldn't
    Joe> have a clue. I am willing to try, but would llikely need some hand
    Joe> holding...like which file, where it's located etc...

Hallo,

it boiled down that Andi added a lot of functions in the user32 spec file,
with no implementation provided. These functions are mostly only implemented
in recent windows version, and Notes has to cope with these functions not
available. But as we added them in the spec file, this request will be
granted, but later fails when this function should be executed.

I notified Andi, but got no feedback so long.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de