ddraw: load OpenGL at runtime

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri May 16 16:27:03 CDT 2003

Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> writes:

> Well, one could say exactly the same about internal Codeweavers discussions
> about Wine rearchitecture :-)

Oh sure, that's precisely why I suggested to Mike to send his opengl
stuff to wine-patches, so that there can be a wider discussion about
it.

> My main point on answering to the patch sent was mostly one about 'code
> ownership' : before doing 'intrusive / big' patches, inquire to the people
> which are known to work on the code if the work is not a risk of duplication

IMO sending a proposed patch is a good way to do that; of course you
don't want to spend 6 months working on something without consulting
others, but if it's just a couple of hours of work, I think "send
patch first, ask questions later" is a reasonable strategy. It's a lot
easier to debate the merits of the respective solutions when you can
actually see what the code looks like.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com