Always print version on startup

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun May 18 13:27:43 CDT 2003

    Marcus> On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 01:42:03PM +0200, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
    >> Changelog: misc/options.c: OPTIONS_ParseOptions Always print out
    >> version
    >>
    >> The recent posting about the Altere quartus installer not working
    >> seems to be caused by an old version used. The poster shows the
    >> startup and messages. If the version was printed by default, it could
    >> help debugging

    Marcus> This will break apps checking on stdout output.

The output is on the starting console. So yes, if you pipe the output of
wine to another command on the Unix command line, you must expect this
message. _As_ you must expect a zillion of other messages like
all those fixmes.

Or does the MESSAGE macros send to another chanel then the FIXME, and the
verstion string should then be sent to that chanel?

    Marcus> It is also not very helpful, since for larger apps it will be
    Marcus> printed dozens of times.

It's only printed when we start wine on the command line. CreateProcess
doesn't take that path to print out the message.

Other ideas? I still propose to print out the message as default. A lot of
bug reports will become a little bit clearer.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de