Wine folks interested in a CHM spec?

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Wed May 28 12:28:06 CDT 2003

Mike Hearn wrote:

>Anyway, as to maintainership, this is a good question. But how comes
>adding a clone of IE is nuts, but the rest of Wine is sane, hmm? :) This
>whole thing is completely crazy to some extent, but here we are in 2003
>with two companies working on Wine and many volunteers.... it would
>probably require a D3D style dedicated team to work on it though, which
>so far doesn't exist.

Oh no - you open software developers are off your head! Next thing you
will be developing a .NET replacement! Wait, you are. Hmm, nobody will
be crazy enough to work on an entire GUI shell, though. Two you said?
Not including the small ones? Not a modern OS, though. HOW many? Surely
none is enterprise ready! What precentage of web servers? PEOPLE! GET A
LIFE!!!!

Good thing I'm not part of it.

What do you mean by "grep wine/AUTHORS"?

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

P.S.
Yes, I spent the day working on a perl util to convert an MSSQL DB to
postgres for a client (yes, I'm getting paid to do this, at least, I
hope does anybody happen to know something that does that already?). I
think expecting any USEFUL mails from me would be a total waste of time.
Sorry for the OT posts.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant