[ANN] Conformance testing campaign

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Tue Sep 2 17:10:22 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>>>The winetests shell is comming along nicely, I don't think
>>>it's worth dupicating effort. It will do all the decompression,
>>>sending of results, cleanup.
>>Maybe you misunderstood me.  The question is about
>>collecting the MSVC compiled test binaries.  Or is that
>>covered, too?
>Yes, the winetests.exe should contain the compiled test
>binaries as well.

Am I missing something here?  Currently, winetests.exe contains
crosscompiled tests,
not MS Visual C - compiled ones.  *)

> For sure. The two efforts are very much complementary, and
> we should poll our efforts. winetests will handle just the
> client part, so if you need the output in a different format,
> just say so.

Exactly. I will look into the output format.   :-)

Which is not a problem IMHO, but I could see
the benefit of having the tests compiled with a Microsoft compiler too -
maybe some
of the more subtler bugs could be found that way, what do I know.