Wanted to learn Wine Completely

Sukumar .S ignouonline at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 09:25:16 CDT 2003

Dear Developers,

I'm sukumar from Chennai, India.

I've one requirement for my company for which there is a need to
understand wine source fully (there is a time constraint). i was a windows
developer moved to Linux two years back and have good/bit of knowledge on
win32 system programming (win32 api calls)..!

Me myself belive that i'm good in win32 common controls (each control
(i.e listview,treeview,static,edit) message hanlding) and in windows message
hooking.

so far i've downloaded the wine source (Wine version 20020710) and
compiled it and able to run the required target applications. I've gone
through the documentations (wine-{devel,user,faq}), DEVELOPER-HINTS and
navigated through src tree (controls,windows) to get the feel of the file
names (api calls) and to look at the coding conventions.

I'm looking forward from all of you to guide/help me to start learning/understanding
wine starting from running the target application to exiting the
application.

To start with which part of the code that i've to read in wine and how do
i proceed further...? Please help me.

With Regards,
S. Sukumar