[ANN] Conformance testing campaign

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Fri Sep 5 17:03:22 CDT 2003

Ferenc Wagner wrote:

>Jakob Eriksson <jakob at vmlinux.org> writes:
>

>That would be nice.  I am not too rigid, though.  Have a
>look at runtests.bat, and reproduce that.  The second
>(blank) line in the result is not necessary, that is a
>peculiarity of ver, which does not seem to return enough
>information prior to XP anyway.  I thought about
>distributing my own ver-sion.  The build-tag at the end of
>the first line can contain anything.

Ok, I have now tested runtests.bat
(Though not on ME as promised, because ... well, a long and sad story.)

First - can I leave out the "of 55" tests?
It is kind of difficult for me calculate how many tests there are in
advance. Of course,
I can do it - but it feels better if I know it is for a good cause.

So, what I am proposing is something similar to this flow, had it been
done as a BAT::

echo kernel32.dll:atom (test begin)>>results.txt
kernel32_crosstest.exe atom>>results.txt
echo kernel32.dll:atom done>>results.txt

Also - those not compiled, how about just not include them in the report?
This I am more flexible about though.

>If you could arrange that crashing tests die silently
>(ie. without silly dialog boxes), that would be really
>great!

Hm...  I don't know.  Is that possible? I mean, it is Windows itself
that puts up these dialogs.  Can Windows be instructed to shut up and
log to a file instead or something?
I don't know how to do it, I agree it would be great.
Pointers or ideas from anyone listening would be most appreciated.

regards,
Jakob

BTW, is "ver-sion" a pun?  Good one.  :-)