Wine repeated unhandled exptions

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Wed Sep 10 08:03:23 CDT 2003

Hi list,

I have just performed an upgrade to my Debian Sid Linux. During the
upgrade, libc was replaced. I can now not get Wine to work on the new
install.

Previously, I would use Wine without --with-nptl. This no longer works.
Wine sigsegv on startup (whether there are parameters or not).

compiling with --with-nptl gets me slightly further. Running wine
without parameters produces the help printout. However, when I try to
actually run something, this does not work. It doesn't matter what I try
to run (whether winelib or Windows). I get a series of "unhandled
expection". This happens even for the regedit that is supposed to
install my default registry via tools/wineinstall

Any ideas? Anyone?

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant