Segmentation fault after new wine update and install

Vincent Béron vberon at
Wed Sep 10 10:52:23 CDT 2003

Le mer 10/09/2003 à 11:13, Vincent Béron a écrit :
> Le mar 09/09/2003 à 12:34, Juraj Hercek a écrit :
> > I've fixed the error on my side with
> > WINEDLLPATH="/usr/local/lib/wine:.". Anyways I think it's a workaround
> > not a solution... Since I don't know much about initialization, I would
> > leave the real fix for someone more skillful.
> It seems like if WINEDLLPATH is set, Wine dlls are only searched for in
> it and nowhere else. I'll verify if that's the case or not, but that's
> my gut feeling for now. Is it the behaviour we want?

Further investigation reveals that the problem lies in
not being loaded yet when fails to be found in

pthread_init (from must be called to initialize the
various pthread functions used by Wine.

Would it be acceptable to swap the following 2 lines in wine_init (sorry
about the wrapping):
if (!(ntdll = dlopen_dll( "ntdll.dll", error, error_size, 0,
&file_exists ))) return;
if (!dlopen_dll( "kernel32.dll", error, error_size, 0, &file_exists ))

so kernel32.dll is opened before ntdll.dll, or is there a dependency
from kernel32.dll to ntdll.dll?

Or is it possible to move the pthread_init function elsewhere, to
someplace called before ntdll.dll is loaded?