Indent to get Avisynth working with Wine/Winelib

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Wed Sep 10 17:20:53 CDT 2003

a rOn Wed, 2003-09-10 at 22:54, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> What is this?
>
> Avisynth needs VC++.  My API needs VC++ as it acts as the bridge and must
> make VC++ calls to avisynth.  Everything can be gcc.  And in fact I have
> successfully cross compiled Avisynth filters using my new C interface.

He means that to compile AviSynth as a WineLib app (which is what you
want to do, right?) you need to have a standard GNU build system, ie you
can build it on Windows using mingw - for the whole app.

> > > After I get Avisynth working I need to be able to call the DLL from Linux.
> > > I believe that is possible but I can't seam to find out how after looking
> > > over the winelib docks.
> >
> > This is not currently possible, sorry. How big is this interface to
> > avisynth? The only option ATM is to have it out-of-process, so we'll
> > need to come up with some sort of stub/proxy, if you're interested.

I thought you could load binary DLLs from a WineLib app, but, maybe not.

Basically there are "issues" with combining Linux and native-compiled
win32 code, for instance you cannot have a normal Linux app then use
WineLib to load a binary win32 plugin. Instead, you have to start
another wine process then communicate via IPC - sucks :(