Wine's options (ver 0.3)

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat Sep 20 15:43:42 CDT 2003

On September 20, 2003 12:29 pm, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Yup, indeed. I have only 9 or 10 more days which I can work on this on
> (and I won't be spending all of them on winecfg!), so *somebody* is
> going to have to take over soon.

Right -- let's first make sure we know what's left to do.
We currently have the following options marked as winecfg:

[Drive X]
Path
Type
Label
Serial
Filesystem
Device

[wine]
Windows
System
Temp
Path
Profile
ShowDirSymlinks
ShowDotFiles

[Version]
Windows
DOS

[DllOverrides]
<dllname>

[x11drv]
ScreenDepth
UseTakeFocus
DXGrab
DesktopDoubleBuffered

[Tweak.Layout]
WineLook

[DSound]
HardwareAcceleration
DefaultPlayback
DefaultCapture
EmulDriver

What is done? What's left to do?

> >   o x11drv/Managed: made it a regedit property. We should remove
> > 	it altogether long term, but we're not there for now.
>
> Cool. What about Display? Why does this need to be in the GUI when ssh
> takes care of it for you, and the standard way to configure this is by
> setting DISPLAY?

You are correct, I didn't pay attention. In fact, we can make the
Desktop option also be regedt, it makes no sense without Managed.
So I've made both of them (Display, and Desktop) be regedt for now.

> >   o split the table into two tables: WineCfg and regedit
> > 	properties. Makes things simpler to follow, and
> > 	should help out on tracking what needs to be
> > 	done for winecfg.
>
> Might be an idea to label which is which. It's fairly clear that the top
> is winecfg, but just to make sure...

They have a <caption>, what browser do you use? It works in lynx, konqy,
and mozilla.

--
Dimi.