Script to compile Wine programs on Windows

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 11:46:30 CDT 2003

Most of it should already build under Cygwin as cygwin1b apps. just
$ ./configure && make tools && cd dlls && make

You will have trouble with kernel32 and ntdll.
Also there is a patch to build Wineserver on cygwin floating around.

If you want to build apps that are linked to msvcrt.dll rather than
cygwin runtime dont use cygwin. I tried using the -fno-cygwin option in
the past but the problem is that some of the other librarys we link to
such as -fl and GL are linked to cygwin so you will end up with
programs that try to import both msvcrt and cygwin. I would recommend
you get Mingw + MSYS from www.sourceforge.net/projects/mingw and follow
my directions for doing a WINE build on Windows from here.

http://reactos.wox.org/rosdocs/bk02pt02ch15.html

Thanks
Steven