Script to compile Wine programs on Windows

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Thu Sep 25 12:30:16 CDT 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at> writes:

> I'm definitely missing something here. I figured that if we
> have a file called rsrc.rc with 3 embedded bitmaps in it called
> bitmap[123].bmp, we need a rule like so:
> bitmap1.bmp bitmap2.bmp bitmap3.bmp: rsrc.rc
> 	bin2res !<
> That can be generated automatically, but from what you're saying
> it will not work. Care to elaborate a bit?

I thought you were talking about doing it in make depend, and this
won't work. Now if you want to generate it directly into the then of course that's possible, but I don't think we want
to generate rules, these belong in Make.rules. What you could do is
have bin2res output a simple "RCBINARIES = bitmap1.bmp bitmap2.bmp"
that we can then paste into the

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at