Visual FoxPro

Cecil Champenois cecil at constdata.com
Fri Apr 16 13:11:32 CDT 2004

I have heard that there is a lot of interest in moving the WINE for
Visual FoxPro forward. About a year ago, a major FoxPro developer by the
name of Whil Hentzen was telling our User Group www.ocfox.org about the
Visual FoxPro work you are doing with WINE. He also demonstrated Visual
FoxPro working on a Linux laptop. We were all very impressed by this and
anted to jump right into development but were told that the conversion
or whatever you want to call it was at least 1 to 1.5 years away. This
discouraged us a bit, so what we'd like to know is this: Where does the
WINE work in relation to VFP 6, 76 and 8 stand now?

We would like to begin some development in Linux, but need to know where
the WINE work stands at this time and what the future looks like.

Cecil