[QUARTZ] Some pins bug fixes

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Sat Aug 14 08:25:35 CDT 2004

Christian Costa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Changelog:
> Don't fail a connection because an input pin does not expose the
> IMemInputPin interface (pull pins typically).

This seems wrong. The FileAsyncReaderPin (and any other output pin that
connects to a pull pin) should override the pConnectSpecific function so
that it doesn't query for IMemInputPin. I can't explain why this isn't
currently done.

> Fixed a bug that made the connection possible whereas no suitable
> media type has be found during the negociation.

Good catch.

> Fixed the release of the media sample in PullPin_Thread_Process.

Again, good catch. I see now that without this fix we would have leaked
ref counts on the IMediaSample object.

> Added and fixed a lot of traces.

I don't really like the (%p/%p)->... notation, but if it helps you in
debugging then it's fine.

Rob