More winecfg todos

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Tue Aug 17 08:07:18 CDT 2004

> Right, I am forgetting about this.  And the difference is in the size of
> the files:
>
> [s2 at katleriai SRPMS]$ wc -l ~/.wine/config ~/.wine/system.reg
>     256 /home/s2/.wine/config
>    4946 /home/s2/.wine/system.reg
>    5202 total
>
> Text editor for the registry tweaking isn't an easy choice for me, because
> I don't like searching for one particular line through the 5000 of others.
>
> What then should I do walking this way is:
>
> 1, to export file;
> 2, to edit it;
> 3, import it back.

Maybe we should fork the Wine/Config branch into a separate .reg file to
appease those who want to edit it using a text editor. That would make
the switch from config file -> registry less obvious. Not exactly the
same of course, no comments for one, no defaults to show you what they
are for another, but it might be an improvement?