poll vs. epoll

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Aug 19 18:28:52 CDT 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:16:36 +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> One last question. What are the "users"? What constructs cause a new
> file descriptor to be allocated in the wineserver?

Every thread in every client has 3 fds: command, reply, wait. Other fds
are allocated as well I think for things like open files, but I'm not sure
of the details. I know that when I hit these sorts of problems it was due
to the large number of threads blowing the fd limit (there were lots of
sockets as well).