Different X Displays and Wine

Eric Frias efrias at syncad.com
Fri Aug 20 10:09:56 CDT 2004

"Alexandre Julliard" <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> "Eric Frias" <efrias at syncad.com> writes:
> > I'm curious how much work would be involved in fixing [multiple
displays]
> > correctly.
>
> Basically you need to change the window management code in the server
> to support multiple window hierarchies, and create one hierarchy per
> display; then you need to associate related things like clipboard or
> window classes to the proper hierarchy. It basically boils down to
> implementing the Windows concept of desktops and window stations. It's
> not very hard, but it's still a bit of work.

Thanks... I've looked into the windowing code a bit and I think it's not
something
I want to attempt right now -- I certainly don't know enough about the way
Windows expects desktops and window stations to be set up, and I'm not sure
my knowledge of X is up to the task either.  It's not the quick fix I was
hoping
for, so I'll just be content with the workaround with the WINEPREFIX
directories.

Eric