mixing SHELL32.DLL and SHFOLDER.DLL

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Aug 30 11:42:37 CDT 2004

Saulius Krasuckas <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> writes:

> You know it can take quite a long time, maybe several years.  And I want
> to run the apps right now.

Then use native shfolder. And no, I don't think it would take several
years to fix the builtins, a lot of apps work fine with them today,
they are not that bad.

> So, you basically disagree with moving SHGetFolder[AW] code from
> shell32.dll to shfolder.dll, right?

I don't think it's going to solve the problem. Pretty much the only
way to make it work right in all cases is to duplicate the whole
thing, and I don't see any good reason to do that.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org