Bug Busters

tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Wed Dec 1 11:50:12 CST 2004

Robert van Herk wrote:

> Also, I am getting the strange feeling that the buglist is somewhat
> outdated :-). For example: almost all bugs are either NEW or
> UNCONFIRMED. Isn't that a bit odd?

It's just that way right now. The way Bugzilla was designed there is supposed to
be a default person for each component. typically a bug would be "Assigned" to
the owner of that component. The way we use Bugzilla does not work that way.
There are a few times that a person will volunteer to take on a bug and Assign
it to themselves. Right now we live with the fact that "New" means "Confirmed".

Once our copy of Bugzilla is CVS's I plan to fix this (and other things).

--

Tony Lambregts