visual studio 6 not happy?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Dec 2 00:13:27 CST 2004

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am trying to use wine 12-01-04 release with Visual Studio.
> I am getting the vcspawn error. Have you ever found a solution to that?
> [http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/02/0335.html]

Nope.  I didn't look very hard, though.

> If not I am trying to use the command line nmake. I can export the make file
> but how do I build it after that. I know 'wine nmake /f project.mak
> CFG="project - Win32 Release"' but that
> doesnt exactly do it. From what directory do you execute that? I did it
> in the release directory.

Have you read
http://codingstyle.com/articles/using-ms-vcpp-with-gnu-wine.html ?
It might explain that.

I haven't really used nmake much, so I've forgotten how I ran it.
I usually ignore the .mak file and just build things by hand,
as described in http://kegel.com/wine/cl-howto.html,
because I do such small things (Wine unit tests, mostly).
- Dan