Stubs in PE build

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Tue Dec 14 05:41:26 CST 2004

> From: Alexandre Julliard
>
> > Seems impossible for functions with unknown calling conventions and
> > number of parameters.
>
> I don't think that's a common case, most of these have been
> identified by now. But anyway, if you have an app calling the
> function you should be able to determine the number of
> parameters; and if you don't then you shouldn't need the stub
> at all. Do you have a specific case where this is a problem?

I was mixing native shell32.dll with Wine-derived shlwapi.dll. Native
shell32.dll imports those stubs from shlwapi.dll but then doesn't call them
in our usage scenarios.
I'm just a little bit surprised that stubs are ok for elf builds but not for
PE builds. It's not a big issue, I'm going to keep the code in ReactOS CVS
anyway <g>.

Ge van Geldorp.