Stubs in PE build

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Dec 14 08:13:51 CST 2004

"Ge van Geldorp" <gvg at reactos.com> writes:

> I was mixing native shell32.dll with Wine-derived shlwapi.dll. Native
> shell32.dll imports those stubs from shlwapi.dll but then doesn't call them
> in our usage scenarios.
> I'm just a little bit surprised that stubs are ok for elf builds but not for
> PE builds. It's not a big issue, I'm going to keep the code in ReactOS CVS
> anyway <g>.

Well, they really aren't OK for ELF builds either; the problem is we
have added stubs as placeholders all over the place, while we should
have only added them where there is a real need (mostly for ordinal
imports). So now it will be a bit of work before we can get rid of
them, but that should be the long term goal; and that's why I don't
think we should add more code to support them.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org