Problems unveiled by the last version.c patch

Paul Vriens paul.vriens at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 17 07:51:15 CST 2004

Hi Rein,

> SHGetPathFromIDList seems to be the wrong one here (looking at native
> shell32.dll from Win2K and Win98), it should be synonymous for
> SHGetPathFromIDListA.
>
> Can you try attached patch?
>
> Rein.

This fixes my problem. I've cross-checked and indeed SHGetPathFromIDList
should be synonymous for SHGetPathFromIDListA.

Can we expect to have more 'failures' due to the fact that the new
version.c returns more OS's then before? I'm for one seeing a lot more
messages:

fixme:ver:VERSION_GetLinkedDllVersion Unknown EXE OS version 1.0, please
report !!

Thanks,

Paul.