ptrace single-stepping change breaks Wine

Thomas Sailer sailer at scs.ch
Tue Dec 28 20:14:19 CST 2004

Any news about the ptrace single-stepping breakage of wine?

The application that stopped working for me is xst, the Xilinx HDL
synthesizer (there's a free as in beer version at
http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/designResources/ip_product_details.jsp?sGlobalNavPick=PRODUCTS&sSecondaryNavPick=Design+Tools&key=DS-ISE-WEBPACK
). I'm currently at kernel 2.6.10-ac1 (as packaged by Arjan van de Ven),
and wine-20041201-1fc3winehq.

Compiling vhdl file H:/sailer/src/vhdl/xxx/vprim.vhd in Library synwork.
FATAL_ERROR:Xst:Portability/export/Port_Main.h:127:1.13 - This
application has discovered an exceptional condition from which it cannot
recover.  Process will terminate.  To resolve this error, please consult
the Answers Database and other online resources at
http://support.xilinx.com. If you need further assistance, please open a
Webcase by clicking on the "WebCase" link at http://support.xilinx.com

Thanks,
Tom