buffer too small for currency

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Tue Feb 3 04:04:43 CST 2004

Hi

I get this warning when I try to start a basic program. This comes from the
function VARIANT_GetLocalisedNumberChars. I added some printfs and
found that my currency is apparently "SFr.", so 4 chars plus zero which
is too much for the 4 char buffer. Strange though that on the command line
it looks differently:

locale -k LC_MONETARY
int_curr_symbol="CHF "
currency_symbol="Fr."
mon_decimal_point="."
mon_thousands_sep=" "
mon_grouping=3;3

Anyway, I thought I increase this buffer. But then the string gets stored
in two separate variables (each one char) in the VARIANT_NUMBER_CHARS
struct. Is there a reason that this is not a string? Why only two chars?

Thanks

bye  Fabi