MAPI

Vizzini vizzini at plasmic.com
Thu Feb 19 17:11:35 CST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 16:27, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> i've seen that mapi is currently not implemented. Well, I'd like
> to sit down and code it, but I require several tools for that:
>
> a) mapi documentation (no, I didnt ask google yet ...)

There is information in the platform sdk and on msdn.microsoft.com,
which mainly documents the programming interface for mapi clients and
servers.  Should be enough to get you seriously started, though.  Some
investigation of your own will probably be necessary, too.

> b) a small test application
There are sample MAPI clients floating around microsoft.com in various
places, as well.  I'd recommend starting there.  There are lots of other
mapi clients on the web, too, but they're probably too complicated to be
really useful during the development phase.

> c) some shorts words about what I may do and what I may not do
> (i.e. may I call external unix processes ? whats about fork() ?)

I can't speak for wine policies, but we (ReactOS) really like it when
the code is written in a very windows-like way - don't assume you're
running on unix, and it'll make it easier for us to use your work too.

 -Vizzini