Broken pipe not detected

Uwe Bonnes bon at
Sun Feb 22 09:19:56 CST 2004

Hallo Eric,Mike, Alexandre (and alll others),

as described in
Altera quartus waits for some connected application by detecting a broken
pipe (ReadFile() expects error, GetLastError is checked for

Our present pipe implementation doesn't set this error beside for
PeekNamedPipe. The application doesn't call PeekNamedPipe(). I sent some additional
test for pipe to wine-patches. The last test with its todo_wine points out
this behaviour.

Confirmation of my findings by running the test on windows is appreciated.

Uwe Bonnes                bon at