how to connect to com object "outside" from wine?

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Sun Feb 22 13:31:33 CST 2004

søn, 22.02.2004 kl. 14.43 skrev maman yonatan:
> my question is there any way to write a client on the
> native (Linux) using g++ and activation the com
> object?

Perhaps it'd be possible to hack the Samba RPC client into doing that
with a little work... of course the Wine RPC server would also have to
be fixed quite a bit.

> does it make a difference if the com object id a dll,
> exe, or ocx ?

COM has a feature called "DLL surrogates", where a dedicated exe file
(dllhost.exe or something like that) can load dlls when out-of-process
activation of them is desired. It may be possible to use that somehow to
activate dlls and ocxs inside wine when the client wishes to be outside
wine.