Winetest progress bar

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Fri Jan 2 17:47:29 CST 2004

               Hi,

I put together a feedback window for winetest.  The code is
somewhat inside-out to make it less intrusive, and the
dialog is ugly.  Where can one find a dialog editor?
Anyway:

1. If compiled with Winelib, the dialog stays on screen
   after the main thread finishes with the tests; under
   Windows, it disappears at once.

2. I am not sure what to do with the console which pops up
   under Windows.  Under Wine it comes and goes.

3. When the cross-compiled version run under Wine the GUI
   thread throws an exception at the very end.  It seems to
   come from the statusbar's WM_PAINT.  I am clueless.

4. How can I convert the icons into ASCII to put them into
   the resource script?

5. Do we actually need textual output at all?

Comments are welcome.  Find the programs/winetest directory
enclosed.  A cross-compiled binary is also available at
<http://afavant.elte.hu/~wferi/wine>.

Feri.