Implement StdMarshal::ReleaseMarshalData

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Fri Jul 23 08:16:31 CDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:28:20 +0200, Jeroen Janssen wrote:
> What exactly does this mean? (the impact on running programs that make
> use of COM)

Applications that aggressively use multithreading with our DCOM code will
crash or suffer intermittent errors. Fortunately InstallShield doesn't.

I'm also not 100% convinced our COM is fully re-entrant either, but I
don't have any explicit instances in mind for that, it's just a general
feeling I have from having read the code ...

thanks -mike