Wine and locales

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Thu Jul 29 19:41:58 CDT 2004

"Alexandre Julliard" <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:

> The system locale defines the current codepages, so it affects
> MultiByteToWideChar and similar APIs. The user locale affects resource
> the distinction properly, but I don't think it's reasonable to demand
> tests for every single API before we can consider the patch.

There is no need to test every API, but there are APIs we need to require
mandatory testing:

GetSystemDefaultLCID
GetUserDefaultLCID
GetACP
FindResourceA
FindResourceExA
CompareStringA
GetLocaleInfoA

> Particularly since without the patch there is no way to make user and
> system locales different, so there is no way to test anything at all.

Right, that's why I'm asking to revert patch and commit it simultaneously
with a test case and possible fixes for bugs revealed by the tests.

--
Dmitry.