WineHQ:service.cgi: fix winrash option

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Fri Jul 30 03:39:12 CDT 2004

On Friday 30 July 2004 05:48, Robert Reif wrote:

> Unfortunately someone must have copied my mistake and placed them in the
> mingw dxguid.lib.  So wine's code is now correct for wine and Windows but

Well, not by mistake. I'm maintaining a version of MinGW
(at http://mirzam.it.vu.nl/mingw) with a number of patches
thrown in to make cross building Wine tests and dlls work.

Adding missing guids was one of those patches. I could remove
that one but Wine (dxsound) has progressed so much lately that
more patching is needed for MinGW (it's w32api part, to be
precise).

These problems are bound to occur more often and although the
proper solution seems to be to fix MinGW, reality has it that MinGW
won't accept some of our patches.

Now that we have our own SDK package on sourceforge, wine-w32api,
I am contemplating using that instead of mingw-w32api, along with
mingw-gcc and mingw-binutils.

That would help us with issues like these but at the same time we
would lose testing Wine builds with third-party headers and import
libs, which turns up Wine bugs every once and a while.

 -Hans