RPCRT4_NdrClientCall2 stub (fixme)?

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Fri Jul 30 07:53:42 CDT 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:24:53 +0200, Jeroen Janssen wrote:
> I'm wondering when is a patch 'good enough' to be included? (both from
> an 'enduser', an author's point of view and from Alexandre's view (who
> eventually commits the patch)?

Well, it really depends on the individual patch. Obviously the code itself
has to be visibly free of bugs, that is mostly what peer review is about
but equally a patch can be rejected if the technique it uses is too hacky,
or the patch has some other problems.

> Is there an official way to track that a patch submitted to wine-patches
> has been comitted? Also can I somehow find out which (interesting)
> patches have not been comitted yet?

Unfortunately there is no way to track this in an automated fashion. It
has been talked about but nobody created a system yet. We just watch
wine-cvs and see when it's been checked in.

> Also, I noticed there is currently only one person with CVS write
> permissions for Wine? Has this always been the case? --- Jeroen

Yes. Before we had CVS it was like the kernel, people just mailed
Alexandre patches and didn't know if they'd been merged until the next
release (as far as I know, but that was long before my time, back then I
thought Win98 was the bees knees ;)