3GB address space

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Tue Jun 15 09:13:33 CDT 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:58:27 +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to run processes intended for a 3GB user addressable
> memory to work under Wine? I'm talking here, of course, assuming that
> the Linux kernel is compiled with the relevant big memory support.

Currently (in CVS) Wine reserves the top 2gig of memory to ensure memory
isn't allocated from there. If the only difference is that the app expects
to be able to load stuff high you could modify that code to only reserve
the top gig.

If that's not the only difference then I don't know I'm afraid.

thanks -mike