Port to native x86_64?

Sean Kormilo sean at kormilo.ca
Tue Jun 22 08:37:35 CDT 2004

> I hope you realize that a 64-bit Wine is not going to let you run
> Win32 binaries, so it will only solve your problem if you have either
> a Win64 version of your app, or a Winelib app. But as long as you are
> aware of that, by all means go ahead, I don't think anybody else is
> working on that at the moment.

Alexandre,

Thanks for your perspective. Is this largely because WINE is not an
emulator?  I would have thought it possible to have WINE itself compiled
as a 64 bit application (such that it can pick up and use 64 bit linux
libraries), but still represent itself as a 32 bit environment for the
windows binaries. But, you know way more about it than I do - if you say
that isn't possible, then I won't bother starting.

Sean.