Port to native x86_64?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Jun 21 19:44:44 CDT 2004

Sean Kormilo <sean at kormilo.ca> writes:

> I'm interested in porting Wine to run in native x86_64 mode, and was
> wondering if anyone had attempted to do such a thing already? I notice
> that there does not appear to be any support in CVS to do this, but
> figured that perhaps someone else is already undertaking such an effort.
>
> My main motivation for doing so has to do with video driver support, in
> that the 32bit "emulated" applications are unable to use the 64bit 3D
> accelerated drivers, and fall back to software rendering - which is less
> than ideal. While this may eventually be resolved by the device drivers,
> I'd rather not wait for them.

I hope you realize that a 64-bit Wine is not going to let you run
Win32 binaries, so it will only solve your problem if you have either
a Win64 version of your app, or a Winelib app. But as long as you are
aware of that, by all means go ahead, I don't think anybody else is
working on that at the moment.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org