[D3D] Improve D3D7 compatibility

Christian Costa titan.costa at wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 20 09:42:29 CST 2004

Lionel Ulmer wrote:

>>This makes Summoner recognize our D3D7 driver.
>>

>How did you find out ? Some R.E.ing of the game ?

Yes.

>I ask this because I find it strange that a game would not be 'future proof'
>and that it would refuse to run on future hardware that supports HW
>transform and light.

I find it strange too..

> You sure it's not just the addition of the
>'DRAWPRIMITIVE2EX' flag which is needed ?

The game checks if D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT flag is set in the
device enumeration callback.
If it is the case, the games fails saying there is no D3D device found.
After all the enumeration, it checks the DRAWPRIMITIVE2EX flag. It it is
not set it fails saying that the device is not
DX7 compliant.

>Could anyone having a Windows box and a card having HW T&L report what the
>caps give (there is a nice tool for that in the DX SDK) ? My Windows laptop
>1) is at work right now and 2) has a crappy 3D card so I can't test.

I will check next time I switch to windows.

>          Lionel

Bye,
Christian